Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Baby Time 2-29-12

Animal song: "If I Was a Bird" from Songs for Wiggleworms. In this mellow song, we join animal puppets and flap our wings, swing our arms, hop, swing our trunks, and slither.

Rhymes:
I adapted one of my favorite movement rhymes for the babies today. I got this alligator rhyme from Miss Trish at Chandler Libraries.

Alligator:
The alligator's jaws go snap, snap, snap
The alligator's tail goes thwack, thwack, thwack
GOTCHYA! (big hug)

I'm a Little Beetle (from http://melissa.depperfamily.net/blog/?p=857)
I'm a little beetle and I wiggle all day
If you get too close
I'll FLY away!



Book: Ten Tiny Tickles by Karen Katz. Family members awaken baby with tickles, from one tickle on a lovely sleepy  head to ten tiny tickle on chubby wubby toes.



Bouncing Song: "Walking' Ol' Joe" (Sorry, CD not in our collection)

Walkin' ol' joe
Walkin' ol' joe
You're the best horse in the country
Woooaaaaah!


Repeat with gallop (fast) and mosey on (slow)

Activity: We mix it up a little on the last babytime of the month and today we played with plush balls and the song "Roll Your Ball" (sorry, CD not in our collection)

No comments:

Post a Comment