Friday, March 2, 2012

Pre-K 3-1-12 Bugs and Creepy Crawlies

Today we read about bugs!  I was impressed by all the bugs the kiddos could identify and they even knew what a magnifying glass was.

Books:

I Love Bugs by Emma Dodd.  This book has great pictures and lots of bugs to discuss


Can You Make a Scary Face? by Jan Thomas.  A ladybug invites the kids to play a game of "make pretend"....until my very real frog comes out!


Music:  We used scarves for both our movement songs today

"The Ants go Marching" off the Songs for Wiggleworms CD
"Shoo Fly" (the kids shooed my fly puppet away as he buzzzzed around the room"

Flannel: Patternpillars http://fallingflannelboards.wordpress.com/2011/11/11/flannel-friday-patternpillars/
I was really surprised by the children's ability to predict the patterns and will definately have to challange them more next time!



Letter Match:  We figured out which bug words started with the letters B, C, S, and L


Fingerplays:
I'm A Little Beetle http://melissa.depperfamily.net/blog/?p=857
I'm a little _________and I wiggle all day
If you get too close
I'll FLY away!



Here is the Beehive
Here is the beehive
Where are all the bees?
They're hidden inside where nobody sees
Watch them come out of the hive
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ......buzzzzzzzzz

Turtle
There was a little turtle
who lived inside a box
He swam in the water
and he climbed on the rocks
He snapped at a mosquito
He snapped at a flee
He snapped at a minnow
and he snapped at me

He caught the mosquito
He caught the flee
He caught the minnow
but he didn't catch me!

No comments:

Post a Comment