Monday, November 14, 2011

Wiggle Worms! - Barnyard

Wiggle Worms was loosely themed around barns and barnyard activity. 
  • Animal song: "Old MacDonald"
  • Letter of the Day:  Bb.  The toddlers identified the "barn" in the pictures I held up. 
  • Book: Barnyard Banter by Denise Fleming.    My baby and I have been reading Barnyard Banter before going to bed and I love his reaction when I ask, "But where's goose?"
  • Movement:  "I'm a sock puppet and don't you forget it...." I'm still grooving to this song!  We discovered what fun sock puppets can be.
  • Rhyme:  "This Little Piggy"  My third little piggy always eats apples, not roast beef....A pig eating roast beef?  That's just weird.  =)
  • Flannel:  We got some little mice to come out of their houses by asking, "Little mouse, little mouse, are you in the color house?"

Denies Fleming is one of my favorite authors!  If you love her books as much as I do, check out her site for fun activities that go with her books.  http://www.denisefleming.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment