Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Flashlight Game!

Flashlight Game! (With "bugs")!! 🐛🐛🐞🐞🦋🦋

This game is not new to us and I LOVE that my kids (4 and 7) still LOVE this game! I hide oversized toy bugs all over the lawn after the sun goes down and they search for them with flashlights. This time I paired it with the book I Love Bugs by Emma Dodd.

Chicken big (my son, 7) read the book to Chicken Little (my daughter, 4)... talk about great descriptive words, vocabulary building, and text and illustrations that encourages dialog!

After they found all the bugs outside we went through the book again to see if any of the bugs they found looked like the bugs in the book and talked about how they were similar or different.
Chicken Little

Big Bugs

Brightly-colored wings bugs

Whiny-buzzy-sound bugs

Springy jumpy leapy bugs

Spiky spiny bugs



The toy bugs are between 3 1/2 and 6 inches (so they are very sizable!) and come in packs of 10. I got mine from Hobby Lobby so I could use the 40% coupon (I bought two packs with two different transactions so I could get both packs using the coupon, making them about $6 a pack.

You can google: "Hobby Lobby Coupon" to get the 40% off coupon

You can google: "Wild Republic Insect Collection" to find out all the other places you can find these toy bugs, including Amazon or from Wild Republic directly.


This is such and easy and exciting game that keeps the kids busy for a while and requires virtually no set up or clean up. I Love Bugs is out of print in hard cover format, but you can still buy it in paper back or check out your local library!

1 comment:

  1. Here is the best aviation college in Bangalore. If you are looking for BBA Aviation colleges in Bangalore The below links will help you to find best BBA Aviation colleges in Bangalore
    bba in airport management colleges
    bba in aviation colleges in Bangalore
    bba aviation in bangalore
    bba aviation colleges in bangalore
    best bba aviation colleges in bangalore

    ReplyDelete